For high school students aged 14-18 in our Atlanta, Georgia chapter. Must have experience with Python and have completed Algebra 1
Come Join us for our 2 Week Introduction to Quantum Computing workshop Saturday, March 19 – March 26, 2022 1 PM EST for boys ages 14-18
This course will cover the fundamentals of quantum computing. We will cover basic quantum algorithms and will run them on real quantum computers at IBM.
Students must have experience programming in Python or another programming language and must have completed Algebra 1. Knowledge of Matrix addition, subtraction and multiplication is a plus.
By the end of this course students will have a working knowledge of:
- What is Quantum Computing (QC)?
- Qubits and Quantum States
- Quantum Circuits and Measurements
- Single and multi-qubit gates
- Teleportation and Superdense Coding
- Deutsch-Jozsa Algorithm
- Grover’s Algorithm
- Shor’s Factoring and Period Finding Algorithm
- Quantum Fourier Transform (QFT)
- How to use IBM Qiskit and IBM Experience
- How to develop applications using quantum algorithms
- How to run quantum algorithms on IBM’s real quantum computers and simulators
Additional Resources Students Will Need :
This workshop will use IBM’s Quantum Computing framework Qiskit. This will require students to register and make an account with IBM Experience in order to access IBM’s quantum resources (this is completely free). This will allow students to access Jupyter Notebooks with all the necessary python modules already installed. Students will also have the option of installing Qiskit and Jupyter notebook locally on their personal machine.
Sign up today space is limited!